While Christmas is the most joyful time of year, it can also be the most stressful. I’m introducing you to my secret weapon: Dark Chocolate Almond Cream Cheese Cups.
Dark Chocolate Almond Cream Cheese Cups are my secret no-bake dessert weapon. In only 15 minutes and 5 ingredients you will have your new favorite dessert.
Yes, it is a mouth full. And yes, you will have your mouth stuffed with these delicious chocolate cups filled with creamy almond cream cheese.
Dark chocolate almond cream cheese cups have sophisticated flavors and an impressive presentation. The best part?
I make them in just 15 minutes with no baking! You will need some special tools, like candy bags. They make melting and cleaning up chocolate super easy.
Just put your candy melts in the bag, stick it in a microwave safe glass and heat. Snip the tip and you are ready to go! When you are done, just throw it away.
There is nothing worse than trying to get dried chocolate out of a bowl. Believe me, I did it last night when I was dipping my chocolate covered candy canes.
If you don’t have access to candy melts (available at most grocery and craft stores), just melt dark chocolate chips or a candy bar with with shortening, about 1 teaspoon per 3/4 cup. Heat and stir frequently to prevent it from scalding and melting creamy and smooth.
I hope you and your family have a happy holiday and enjoy my Dark Chocolate Almond Cream Cheese Cups.
If need more items to fill up your cookie tray, check out these recipes!
Dark Chocolate Almond Cream Cheese Cups
- Line 12 mini muffin tins with liners and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Fill a microwave safe pastry bag with half of the dark cocoa candy melts and microwave for 1 minute. Knead and continue to microwave until smooth.
- Snip the end and pipe into the bottom of mini muffin tins, about 1/4 of the way up. Tap tin to even out and place in the refrigerator.
- Whip cream cheese until light and fluffy, add powdered sugar and almond extract. Add milk, as needed, until shiny and smooth. Load into a pastry bag and snip the end.
- Pipe into the center of each chocolate center, being careful to not touch the edges and allow for the last chocolate layer to engulf cream cheese filling.
- Load the remaining dark cocoa chips into a clean pastry bag and follow the same microwave instructions. Pipe around cream cheese filling and over top to encase. Tap to release air bubbles. Top with holiday sprinkles while chocolate it still hot and then place in refrigerator until set, about 5 minutes.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!