While Christmas is the most joyful time of year, it can also be the most stressful. I’m introducing you to my secret weapon: Dark Chocolate Almond Cream Cheese Cups.
Dark Chocolate Almond Cream Cheese Cups are my secret no-bake dessert weapon. In only 15 minutes and 5 ingredients you will have your new favorite dessert.
Yes, it is a mouth full. And yes, you will have your mouth stuffed with these delicious chocolate cups filled with creamy almond cream cheese.
Dark chocolate almond cream cheese cups have sophisticated flavors and an impressive presentation. The best part?
I make them in just 15 minutes with no baking! You will need some special tools, like candy bags. They make melting and cleaning up chocolate super easy.
Just put your candy melts in the bag, stick it in a microwave safe glass and heat. Snip the tip and you are ready to go! When you are done, just throw it away.
There is nothing worse than trying to get dried chocolate out of a bowl. Believe me, I did it last night when I was dipping my chocolate covered candy canes.
If you don’t have access to candy melts (available at most grocery and craft stores), just melt dark chocolate chips or a candy bar with with shortening, about 1 teaspoon per 3/4 cup. Heat and stir frequently to prevent it from scalding and melting creamy and smooth.
I hope you and your family have a happy holiday and enjoy my Dark Chocolate Almond Cream Cheese Cups.
If need more items to fill up your cookie tray, check out these recipes!
Dark Chocolate Almond Cream Cheese Cups
- 1 8- ounce bag dark cocoa Candy Melts
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- milk depending on consistency
- Holiday Sprinkles
- Cooking Spray
- 12 mini muffin liners
- 3 microwave safe pastry piping bags
- Line 12 mini muffin tins with liners and lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Fill a microwave safe pastry bag with half of the dark cocoa candy melts and microwave for 1 minute. Knead and continue to microwave until smooth.
- Snip the end and pipe into the bottom of mini muffin tins, about 1/4 of the way up. Tap tin to even out and place in the refrigerator.
- Whip cream cheese until light and fluffy, add powdered sugar and almond extract. Add milk, as needed, until shiny and smooth. Load into a pastry bag and snip the end.
- Pipe into the center of each chocolate center, being careful to not touch the edges and allow for the last chocolate layer to engulf cream cheese filling.
- Load the remaining dark cocoa chips into a clean pastry bag and follow the same microwave instructions. Pipe around cream cheese filling and over top to encase. Tap to release air bubbles. Top with holiday sprinkles while chocolate it still hot and then place in refrigerator until set, about 5 minutes.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Cream cheese in the middle???? Oh I so want to try these!
I LOVE Christmas week! I personally would be happy with Christmas month but that’s just me 🙂 I love the idea of stuffing chocolate cups with cream cheese. It’s such a fun twist on the original.
These little guys would be the perfect edible gift! I love that you added cream cheese. Delicious!!
I would have a hard time not eating all of these! So easy too! Isn’t this like the best giveaway!
my favorite sweet treat to make for the holidays is chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream
These look like little bites of holiday heaven!
Seven Layer Cookies is my favorite treat to make for the holidays.
What is your favourite sweet treat to make for the holidays?
Anything with molasses and ginger
these look yummy
Those are adorable! I love the little taste of cream cheese in the centers.
You’re not kidding…as much as I want to enjoy the season, I usually wind up a fraying ball of stress. These look like an tasty little distraction.
Oh man these look good!!! Almond, cream cheese and chocolate? What’s not to love?
Oooh! Love the almond extract in there. And with cream cheese?! These sound incredible!
They are like little chocolate covered cheesecakes! Yum!! Sounds perfect for those last minute treats!
I love that you added cream cheese to these dark chocolate cups…I haven’t had them like this before and these are just so lovely to gift during the holidays!
Oh yum, these look and sound awesome! Pass the plate, please!
Oh, boy, I love that these decadent gems are no-bake! Perfect holiday treats!!!
oh boy they sound amazing!
Love the simple ingredients in this recipe!! And thanks for the awesome giveaway!
These look amazing! They look like the perfect gift for the holidays!