This post has been sponsored by Campbell’s®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Pot roast is probably one of the most common American comfort meals. It’s a one-pot meal that the whole family can enjoy. Many memories have been created and shared around the dinner table with pot roast as the meal.
Pressure Cooker Italian Pot Roast is an easy and quick one-dish family meal. Potatoes, onions and carrots surround tender pot roast. Top with tomato gravy!
You are going to be amazed at the flavor and ease of this pot roast recipe because of one secret ingredient and recipe starter: Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup!
In fact, Campbell’s has so many versatile recipe starters and ideas you’ll want to check out here.
Pot roast really isn’t all that quick. In a slow cooker, pot roast can take 10-11 hours. In the oven, a pot roast takes 3-4 hours. And this is after you’ve cut all your veggies and browned the meat.
When you compare prep and cook times to one hour total using a pressure cooker, this pot roast recipe is actually quite expeditious.
But this isn’t your classic Pot Roast, it is an Italian Pot Roast combing Italian herbs and spices with the rich flavors of Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup. A splash of red wine vinegar, and you’ll be making magic in your mouth!
Making pot roast in a pressure cooker is much quicker than old-school routes, but I’ve managed to make it even faster than the usual pressure cooker roast recipes out there.
What are my tricks? The first is to cut your chuck roast or bottom round roast into smaller pieces. Doing this further reduces the cooking time by 30-40 minutes!
The second is optional and includes skipping the process of browning the meat. This helps develop flavor and actually produces acidity, but does take extra time and can be skipped.
The third is to use Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup. Made with quality, farm-grown tomatoes, this soup is super tasty and enhances natural flavors in the beef and vegetables.
Eat it on its own as a soup, pair it with your favorite grilled cheese sandwich, or use it as a versatile recipe starter—like in this Italian Pot Roast.
The addition of tomato soup also makes for a hearty tomato gravy to top off your glorious pot roast.
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Pressure Cooker Italian Pot Roast
- 2 ½ pound boneless beef chuck roast or bottom round roast , cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 large carrots , cut into fourths
- 3 medium red potatoes , quartered
- 1 white onion , quartered
- 2 10.75 oz. cans Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Heat vegetable oil on sauté function on your pressure cooker.
- Meanwhile, toss garlic powder, Kosher salt, and black pepper with cubed beef.Add to pressure cooker, cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned—approximately 10 minutes.
- Add cut vegetables, Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup, beef broth, red wine vinegar, and Italian seasoning, giving it a quick stir to combine.
- Cover and close vent, set to Manual high pressure for 30 minutes. Allow for 10 minutes natural release, open vent.
- Remove meat and vegetables using a slotted spoon.Shred beef into large pieces using 2 forks.If desired, whisk together 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water and combine to remaining liquid to form a gravy.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!