This post is sponsored by Farm Rich, however all comments and opinions are 100% my own.
Pimento Grilled Cheese Sandwiches take the deliciousness of southern style pimento cheese and mash it with an all-American favorite, grilled cheese. This is the ultimate grilled cheese using a blend of gouda, cheddar, parmesan cheese with crispy bacon and sweet red pepper jelly.
Pimento Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are the ultimate grilled cheese recipe. Zesty Pimento Cheese Bites with bacon, gouda, cheddar, parmesan and red pepper jelly.
However, my Pimento Grilled Cheese Sandwiches have a secret ingredient, a secret weapon in fact.
New Farm Rich Pimento Cheese Bites! They are authentically Southern, made with South Carolina’s popular Palmetto Cheese, “The pimento cheese with soul”!
This zesty cheese is encased with a crisp golden breading, perfect for munching and incorporating into meals. They even come with their own sweet Red Pepper Jelly for dipping!
Special Edition Pimento Cheese Bites are excellent on their own for an after school snack, football watching munchie or a quick meal, but you can also get creative. Instead of croutons, top your salad or add into a cheesy chicken casserole. Busy moms can take this quick shortcut to delicious, quality food.
So how do you make a delicious, real cheese treat even better? Even cheesier? Make it into the ultimate grilled cheese sandwich! Pimento Grilled Cheese Sandwiches use the cheesy goodness of crispy Pimento Cheese Bites and add even more cheese!
Well balanced and super melty, cheddar, smoked gouda and parmesan cheese complement pimento cheese, allowing all the cheeses to really shine.
You can use my blend of cheeses or you can make up your own. This is the perfect time to take a look into your deli drawer and use up all of the leftover bits of cheese.
I also like using shredded cheese as opposed to slices. It melts well and surrounds all of the other ingredients, helping it stick together better.
Bacon is also optional, but adds crunch and a little salt, and you know I love sweet, spicy and salty! I trim my bacon into bite-size pieces or even crumbles.
There is nothing worse than fighting to bite off a piece of sandwich. Smaller pieces make for a more pleasant eating experience.
Lastly, the bread! For my Pimento Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, I used a thick cut potato bread. I like the slightly sweet flavor, but feel free to use whatever bread you’d like, even sourdough or Italian.
I would suggest thick slices, like Texas Toast, since you’ll need something hearty to carry all these delicious ingredients.
If you like cheese as much as we do, check out these other cheesy recipes:
- Grilled Cheese Sticks
- Bacon and Guacamole Grilled Cheese
- Cheesy Pizza Sandwiches
- Chile Relleno Monte Cristo Sandwiches
- Bacon, Pear and Fig Paninis
- Italian Chicken Paninis
- 12 Farm Rich Pimento Cheese Bites cooked according to package
- 4 slices thick cut bread
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend I used Gouda, Cheddar and Parmesan
- 6 inch slices bacon cooked and cut into 1pieces
- in Red Pepper Jelly includedFarm Rich Pimento Cheese Bites Box
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare Farm Rich Pimento Cheese Bites according to package directions.
- Heat butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add one slice of bread, or two if large enough to accommodate two sandwiches.
- Top with shredded cheese blend, then 6 Farm Rich Pimento Cheese Bites, bacon, Red Pepper Jelly, more cheese and another slice of bread.
- Press down slightly so all pieces melt together. Cook until bread is golden and crispy, flip and toast the opposite side.
- Remove, slice and enjoy! Serve with any additional Red Pepper Jelly for dipping.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Special Edition Farm Rich Pimento Cheese Bites can be found at your local Meijer Grocery store and are coming to Walmart and Kroger this fall. For more information and a store locator, visit their website at FarmRich.com.