If you are looking for an easy party appetizer, look no further! It only takes 5 minutes to prepare, and then into the oven it goes. When it’s finished you will have a snack mix packed full of flavor!
Spiced Nuts are an easy and flavorful blend of roasted nuts. Assorted with shelled peanuts, cashews, pistachios and almonds. This recipe creates the perfect party munchie! You will have a crowd pleaser at your next event!
Spiced Nuts! This recipe was adapted from Food and Wine and Chef Van Wyck. Van Wyck believes that spicy flavors stimulate endorphins and make people happy. I have to agree with him. Have you ever seen someone angry while eating Mexican food? Nope- me either!
This unique blend of spices in my spiced nuts hits nearly every taste bud on your tongue… except sour of course. Roasting exaggerates the flavor and egg whites assist the spice mixture in clinging.
You can substitute many types of nuts, but make sure they are raw, not pre-seasoned and approximately the same size so they roast evenly. Nuts that work well are shelled peanuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts, pine nuts and pecans.
Mixed nuts or party nuts are always a great snack to have at a party. I love making this to bring to a get together. I don’t think I’ve ever had someone tell me that they didn’t like this recipe, which is great for me since this recipe is so easy to throw together and toss in the oven.
You can use pre-salted nuts, but then omit the salt from this recipe. You can also increase or decrease the amount of sugar, chili powder or cayenne to change the entire flavorful profile, making your spiced nuts a flavor all their own!
If you loved this party snack mix, be sure to check out some of these other easy snack recipes:
If you are looking for even more fabulous appetizers, snag a copy of my Easy Appetizers Beyond Dips Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, one of these fun and festive appetizers sure to be the hit of any gathering!
- 4 cups assorted nuts raw and unsalted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large egg white
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat well with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk egg white until foamy. In another small bowl mix spices.
- Fold nuts into egg whites. When sufficiently coated, fold in spice mixture.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, flipping once.
- Remove from oven. Nuts can be served warm or room temperature They can be stored for up to 3 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!