This eggplant dip is so mouthwatering when eaten with a warm flat bread. The taste of roasted eggplant combined with garlic, shallots, and chiles, is what makes this recipe so good! This dip will not let you down!
Roasted Eggplant Dip combines garlic, shallot, green chile, lime, and cilantro for a dip packed full of flavorful! Serve your Roasted Eggplant Dip with tortilla chips or whole wheat flatbread!
Eggplant usually isn’t my jam. I’m not sure why. I want to like it and I give things like Eggplant Parm a try every so often just to make sure, but no dice. No dice until I found Roasted Eggplant Dip!
I’ve cooked eggplant all ways: fried, roasted, breaded; I could go on and on. Then the moment happened when I ordered and enjoyed a garlicky eggplant spread from a Mediterranean restaurant.
Served on whole wheat flatbread, I was excited I finally found an eggplant recipe I really liked: Roasted Eggplant Dip.
Now the challenge was to recreate the recipe. I was able to get many of the ingredients out of the server, so it actually wasn’t that difficult.
However, I did add roasted Hatch chile peppers to add a little more dimension and interest to the dip. You can used homemade roasted chile or canned peppers.
You can leave out the chiles if you aren’t a huge fan of that extra little kick. It’s honestly good with or without them but I always like to spice up my recipes in some way.
What can I say, I like that to turn up the heat every chance I get and the chiles add that to this recipe.
So far I’ve made it several times as a party appetizer and it always goes super fast. Sometimes I use the leftovers on grilled chicken marinated in Italian dressing or even smothered over burritos or enchiladas!
More dip recipes:
- Caramelized Onion and Garlic Dip
- Pepper Jelly Goat Cheese Dip
- Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Tools for making Roasted Eggplant Dip:
Rimmed Baking Sheet– another kitchen staple! You’ll use this for prep work, roasting and much more. I have 7 at my house.
Large Food Processor – While I use my mini one a lot, there are some jobs that just call for a big one!
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Roasted Eggplant Dip
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line cooking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut eggplant in half, set cut side up on baking sheet and baste with olive oil. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Add garlic and shallot to roasting pan, continue to roast for 15 minutes, or until eggplant is soft and fully cooked.
- Add all remaining ingredients into a large food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, top with additional cilantro if desired and serve with warm bread slices, whole wheat flatbreads or tortilla chips.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!