Yesterday I was part of a webinar helping small digital business owners (mostly bloggers) reframe their cognitions from “just a blogger” to kicking butt entrepreneur. They asked me about my personal background and I realized 3 things.
- Although it doesn’t seem like my education and career history help me at my current job, THEY DO. I previously worked in marketing, spent some time in food service, was a psychotherapist and director of an outpatient program and a college professor. My seemingly unrelated education is helping me make huge leaps and bounds today.
- There isn’t really a major for becoming a digital entruperier and you wear many hats and pull from so many majors.
- I am still paying student loans. I wish I had taken the time to apply for more grants and scholarships in my 8 years of higher education.
Why a scholarship?
If you follow me and my sister brands Best Dessert Recipes and My Sauce Recipes, you know I am action oriented and that meant I needed to do something to provide a solution to a problem and for us, that meant starting a scholarship fund.
While we are putting aside what seems like a small amount for the big bills of schools these days, every little bit counts. I distinctly remember my guidance counselor telling me to apply for everything I possibly could and also not taking her advice.
Well, $500 will pay for books, a few meals or help towards the massive cost of tuition these days. A small token to pay it forward and show how much we think education is important, regardless of what your degree is in.
Number of Scholarships: 1
Entry Deadline: July 31st, 2024
Winner Announced: August 15th, 2024
CLICK FOR FULL RULES AND CONDITIONS
HOW TO APPLY:
- Publish a post on your website or student page answering this question, in 400-900 words:
- “What impact has food or cooking had on your life?”
- We’d love it if you linked it back to www.savoryexperiments.com to help promote our fund.
- If you do not have a digital page, please send the essay in a Word doc format.
- Send your published URL to email@example.com , along with your name, address, phone number, school and current year of study. Written essays can be sent to: Savory Experiments Scholarship Fund, 645 Happy Ln, Parkton PO Box 604, MD 21120
- Students may apply one time each year, this is not limited to freshman students. The winner will be required to provide proof of enrollment before the scholarship will be awarded.
- Applicants must agree to Savory Experiment’s Official Scholarship Rules and must follow all instructions to be considered.
- Winners will be contacted via email by August 30th 2024.
- All submissions must be written in English.
- Creativity and uniqueness are the 2 most important elements of your essay or post. Please be thoughtful.
- Proofread and edit.
I Need Your Help!
I’d love your help sharing the scholarship! If you know of someone who might be interested, or a website or listing where you can help me promote the scholarship, I’d love your help getting out the word!
This is the first time Savory Experiments has done something like this and therefore, we are getting our footing and open to comments, questions and also feedback. Please feel free to contact me and let me know your thoughts or good place to get the word out!
2022 Recipient- Mimosa Van from Tucson, Arizona attending Hamilton College in Clinton, NY
2023 Recipient- Lillian Chen from Morrisville, NC, UNC Charlotte