Instant Pot Chili
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Instant Pot Chili is a gold star chili. A simple chili recipe using jalapeño, chili seasoning, beans and beef ready in just 20 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 green bell pepper , seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapenos , seeded and minced
- 1 pound ground beef 90% lean
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces black beans , drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces red kidney beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese , shredded for topping
Set Instant Pot to saute function. Add light olive oil.
When hot, add onion, garlic, bell pepper and jalapenos. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until slightly softened.
Add ground beef, breaking into pieces for 1-2 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, except pepper jack cheese. Stir together.
Lock lid, set vent to "sealed." Use manual setting in high pressure for 20 minutes. Allow for natural release, approximately 20 minutes.
Stir well, ladle into soup bowls and top with shredded pepper jack cheese.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Calories: 482kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 538mg | Potassium: 1272mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 800IU | Vitamin C: 36.1mg | Calcium: 245mg | Iron: 7.5mg