Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
One of the best easy vegetarian recipes are Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms. A great vegetarian dinner idea perfect for meatless Monday!
- 4 portabella mushrooms caps , stem trimmed and gills removed
- ½ cup red bell pepper , chopped
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper , chopped
- ½ cup cucumber , chopped
- ½ cup red onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano , minced
- ¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 egg , lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Rich Taste
- 1 cup New Bertolli® Rustic Cut™ Marinara
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese , shredded and divided
- 1 tablespoon flat parsley , minced and for garnish
- Maldon Sea Salt , for garnishing
- 1 cup polenta (corn grits)
- 3 cups vegetable stock , or water
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Start making polenta. Heat chicken or vegetable stock in a medium sauce pan over high heat. Bring to a boil and add dry polenta and fine sea salt. Cover and reduce to low heat.
Combine bell peppers, cucumber, red onion, garlic, oregano, bread crumbs, egg, ground black pepper, fine salt and ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese in a large mixing bowl. Toss well.
Arrange portabella mushroom caps on the rimmed baking sheet. Baste with extra virgin olive oil.
Equally divide vegetable stuffing mix in each portabella cap.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat marinara sauce. Take polenta off heat and stir in butter. If it is too thick, add additional water and stir until desired consistency.
Plate by spooning polenta onto a plate, top with a stuffed portabella mushroom. Top with marinara sauce and remaining shredded mozzarella cheese.
Garnish with chopped parsley and Maldon sea salt.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 2225mg | Potassium: 747mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1780IU | Vitamin C: 66.1mg | Calcium: 187mg | Iron: 2.4mg