Peach Chicken Picante
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Peach Chicken Picante is a quick dinner recipe using chicken, peaches and salsa to get a sweet and spicy dish. Serve over rice for a one dish meal!
- 12 ounces yellow peaches in natural juices or lite syrup
- 3 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers diced
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 4 cups instant rice cooked
- Fine sea salt and ground pepper
Drain peaches and reserve all liquid.
Season chicken with fine sea salt and pepper. Heat extra virgin olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
Add chicken, cooking until browned and cooked through. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
In the same skillet add roasted red pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add peach liquid (NOT PEACHES), salsa, frozen orange juice concentrate and crushed red pepper, if desired. Bring to a low simmer, approximately 3-4 minutes.
Add peaches and cilantro, stirring to combine. Add chicken, toss to coat with sauce and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
Serve chicken and sauce over rice. Enjoy!
If you've tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how it was!
Calories: 607kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 558mg | Potassium: 967mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 645IU | Vitamin C: 22.5mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 6.5mg