Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Homemade Pickling Spices are easy to make and have loads more flavor than the store bought version.
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice berries
- 1 tablespoon whole mustard seeds brown or yellow
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole white peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole cardamom pods
- 3 large bay leaves crumbled
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 stick Cinnamon
Combine whole allspice berries through whole cardamom pods in small skillet. Heat over low heat, gently toasting for approximately 5 minutes.
Transfer to a small bowl or mortar. Add remaining ingredients and grind together gently.
Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2370IU | Vitamin C: 3.8mg | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 5.1mg