Crown Pork Roast
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
Total Time: 23 minutes
Crown Pork Roast is the perfect special occasion or holiday meal to serve for a crowd. Tasty and impressive presentation make this a winning pork recipe!
Crown Pork Roast
- 1 9-10 pound pork crown roast tied into a circle (ask your butcher to do this for you)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons whole white peppercorns coarsely ground
- 1/2 cup garlic finely minced
- 1/3 cup fresh thyme chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh rosemary chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage * chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
Fingerling Potatoes & Onions
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes scrubbed
- 1 pound pearl onions peeled
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Prepare rub for pork crown roast by combining Kosher salt through parsley in a bowl. You can even take it for a few pulses in the food processor to get a really fine mix that will stick well to the roast.
Place roast into a roasting pan and massage well with 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil. Add rub mixture, making sure all the nooks and crannies are covered.
Place into the oven for 15 minutes before reducing temperture to 350 degrees. Cook for 2 hours.
Remove and add fingerling potatoes and onions, tossing in the natural au jus and spices in the bottom of the roasting pan. Return to the oven for 30-45 minutes or until pork crown roast reaches an internal temperture of 145 degrees. Cooking time will vary based on the size of your roast.
Remove and allow to rest for 20 minutes before removing string and transferring pork crown roast, potatoes and onions to a serving platter.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5668mg | Potassium: 503mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 235IU | Vitamin C: 27.7mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1.6mg