Don’t you just love easy appetizer recipes? I know I do, especially ones that my guests just can’t get enough of! This Soppressata Rolls recipe is so delectable and packed full of flavor. Get ready for some major requests for this recipe after serving them once!
Soppressata Rolls are an easy, no cook appetizer filled with shredded red cabbage, pepperoncinis, goat cheese and zesty Italian dressing!
This recipe was adapted from an article in Food and Wine magazine highlighting the newest trends: finger foods at 5-star restaurants. Chef Dante de Magistris describes these handheld rolls as wonderful party appetizers.
My guests couldn’t have agreed more. I made the mistake of assembling my Soppressata Finger Salads after my guests had arrived. They were being eaten as fast as I could roll them!
If you don’t want to make your own simple Italian dressing from olive oil and red wine vinegar, you can use a bottled pre-made Italian dressing. Pine nuts, also known as pignolias, are best toasted. While this simple extra step takes about 5 minutes, the flavor it produces will take your Soppressata rolls to the next flavor level.
If you haven’t heard of pepperoncinis, they are small peppers, most commonly in the box when you get a pizza. Look for them in the salad or olive bar area to buy just one or two, or in the International aisle near Italian foods in a jar.
What is soppressata? Soppressata is an Italian dry salami that is usually made from fresh ham coarsely pressed with garlic and spicy peppers. It’s hung to dry for three to twelve weeks depending on the width.
If you like cold appetizer recipes, check out some of these other no cook appetizers:
- Smoked Salmon Pesto Crackers
- Easy Pub Cheese
- Strawberry Jalapeno Crostini
- Layered Two Pesto Ricotta Dip
If you are looking for even more fabulous appetizers, snag a copy of my Easy Appetizers Beyond Dips Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, one of these fun and festive appetizers sure to be the hit of any gathering!
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 8 pepperoncini peppers seeded and chopped into thin rings
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 24 thin soppressata slices
- Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Combine cabbage through goat cheese in a bowl. Season lightly with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Toss.
- Spoon a small amount of cabbage mixture to the center of each soppressata slice. Roll up from either side and plate seam down.
If you've tried this recipe, please come back and let us know how it was!