These oven roasted potatoes are actually the definition of perfection. They’re smothered in garlic, olive oil, and rosemary. They make me happy just thinking about them!
Garlic Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary are a mix of sweet and Yukon gold potatoes baked to a golden brown with olive oil, fresh rosemary, garlic and sweet onion! These oven roasted potatoes are an easy side dish for any meal!
Garlic roasted potatoes were originally made with a rosemary infused olive oil, but you can use regular as well. You can make your own or buy it as well.
I also top off mine with Maldon Sea Salt, my favorite kind of salt! Not too salty and it adds a fantastic texture. I use it on nearly everything and also travel with it in my purse (don’t judge). Buy your travel salt HERE!
Oven roasted potatoes are so simple to make yet always come out so delicious. I would choose potatoes over any other vegetable any day.
They’re so easy to work with and you can make so many different things – mashed potato, scalloped potato, baked potato, french fries, potato salad, tater tots, honestly I could go on forever. My point is potatoes are the best, need I say more?
Therefore I would say this recipe is good for a casual weeknight meal or special occasion. They’re so easy to make, you just toss them in the oven and wait. Personally I would eat these any chance I get. That’s how great they are!
If you love potato recipes, be sure to check out these other easy recipes you can pair it with:
Tools for making Garlic Roasted Potatoes:
Rimmed Baking Sheet– another kitchen staple! You’ll use this for prep work, roasting and much more. I have 7 at my house.
Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes skinned and cut into 1 cubes
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes cut into 1 cubes
- 1 head of garlic separated and peeled, left whole
- 1 medium sweet onion quartered
- Fine sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- Prepare all ingredients and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9x13 baking dish pour just enough olive oil to lightly cover the bottom of the dish. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper and toss to thinly coat. This will prevent them from burning and browning too quickly. Cook uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss with onion and garlic. All pieces should be lightly coated. Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and toss in rosemary. Return to oven for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fully cooked. Serve hot.