These Red, White and Blue JELLO Cups work are perfect for your summer BBQ or get together. Swap out the colors to make them festive for any holiday year round!
Red, White and Blue JELLO Cups are a simple and festive addition to any summertime celebration. Easy to make and unbelievably tasty!
Before today, I hadn’t had JELLO since I was a child. My mother used to make the orange flavor with mandarin oranges mixed in and I couldn’t get enough of it.
As I’ve gotten older, that same gelatin concoction lost its luster. Now, I’m bringing it back and making it very patriotic with red, white and blue gelatins. Perfect for Memorial Day and Fourth of July celebrations!
Make sure you PIN Red, White and Blue JELLO Cups!
By far, the most frequently asked question is how to make white JELLO.
JELLO doesn’t have any white flavors, but you can achieve that signature layer using unflavored gelatin and milk. It really is that easy. Unflavored gelatin will be located in the baking aisle near all the other flavors and usually on the top shelf.
Easy to make and easy to clean up, they are sure to please a crowd. They can be made up to a day ahead of time, but for best results be sure to garnish with whipped cream and fresh berries, or other fruit, right before serving.
DISCLAIMER: You must be 21 years or older to consume alcohol. Please consume responsibly. No drinking or driving.
Having an adult only party?? Make your Red, White, and Blue JELLO Cups vodka laced.
For the red and blue JELLO layers, use 1/2 cup boiling water to mix gelatin. Allow to cool before stirring in 1/4 cup vodka. If the liquid is too hot, it will burn off the alcohol, thus negating the purpose of making JELLO shots.
PRO TIP: Use disposable shot glasses with a lid for JELLO shots. Keep them in a cooler to stay cold.
For boozy fruit, soak fruit in vodka in an airtight container for 12 hours, drain.
You can also purchase spiked whipped cream if you so choose. Available at most liquor stores.
This recipe makes approximately 18 small JELLO shots or 4 large JELLO cups.
If you liked these patriotic treats, check out some other festive recipes:
- All-American Strawberries
- Barbecue Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken Stuffed Chile Peppers
- Mini 4th of July Cupcakes
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Red, White, and Blue JELL-O Cups
- Start by emptying contents of blueberry JELL-O into a small bowl. Stir for 2 minute with 1 cup boiling water. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place plastic wine glasses onto a small tray or plate (this just makes it easier to move them in and out of the refrigerator.) Equally, divide blueberry JELL-O mixture between four cups. Place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or until JELL-O has started to set and can be touched.
- Meanwhile, start preparing white layer by mixing one packet Know unflavored gelatin in a small bowl with ¼ cup cold milk. Heat remaining milk, ¾ cup, over high heat until just before boiling, remove. Do not scald. Add 3 tablespoons sugar and a ½ teaspoon vanilla. Stir until dissolved and mix with cold milk and gelatin mixture. Stir until well mixed and allow to cool.
- Evenly pour white gelatin over blue layers. Place back into the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or until it starts to set.
- Next, prepare red cherry JELL-O by emptying contents into a small bowl. Stir for 2 minute with 1 cup boiling water. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. When white layer has set, equally divide red JELL-O over white layer. Return to refrigerator to set for 3-4 hours.
- Do not garnish until ready to serve, especially if it is a hot day, the whipped cream will melt fast! (Just take a look at the wilting cream in these photos and that was only 10 minutes!) Give each cup a dollop of whipped cream, a wedge of strawberry and a blueberry.
- Enjoy your Red, White, and Blue JELL-O Cups!