These Red, White, and Blue JELL-O Cups work are perfect for your summer BBQ or get together. Swap out the colors to make them festive for any holiday year round!
Red, White, and Blue JELL-O Cups are a simple and festive addition to any summertime celebration. Easy to make and unbelievably tasty!
Before today, I hadn’t had JELL-O since I was a child. My mother used to make the orange flavor with mandarin oranges mixed in and I couldn’t get enough of it.
As I’ve gotten older, that same gelatin concoction lost its luster. Now, I’m bringing it back and making it very patriotic with red, white, and blue gelatins.
JELL-O doesn’t have any white flavors, but you can achieve that signature layer using unflavored gelatin and milk. That is the key to making this red white and blue dessert!
These Red, White, and Blue JELL-O Cups are perfect for any backyard BBQ or dessert at your 4th of July, Memorial Day, or Labor Day parties.
Easy to make and easy to clean up, they are sure to please a crowd. They can be made up to a day ahead of time, but for best results be sure to garnish right before serving.
Having an adult only party?? Make your Red, White, and Blue JELL-O Cups vodka laced. To modify, soak fruit in vodka in an airtight container for 12 hours, drain.
For the red and blue JELL-O layers, use 1/2 cup boiling water to mix gelatin. Allow to cool slightly before stirring in 1/4 cup vodka. You can also purchase spiked whipped cream if you so choose.
If you liked these patriotic treats, check out some other festive recipes:
- All-American Strawberries
- Barbecue Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken Stuffed Chile Peppers
Red, White, and Blue JELL-O cups are a simple and festive addition to any 4th of July celebration.
- 3 ounce package blue berry JELL-O
- 3 ounce package cherry JEL-LO
- 2 cups boiling water divided
- 1 packet Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup milk divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Whipped cream
- Strawberries and blueberries for garnish optional
- 4 plastic wine cups
- Start by emptying contents of blueberry JELL-O into a small bowl. Stir for 2 minute with 1 cup boiling water. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Place plastic wine glasses onto a small tray or plate (this just makes it easier to move them in and out of the refrigerator.) Equally, divide blueberry JELL-O mixture between four cups. Place in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or until JELL-O has started to set and can be touched.
- Meanwhile, start preparing white layer by mixing one packet Know unflavored gelatin in a small bowl with ¼ cup cold milk. Heat remaining milk, ¾ cup, over high heat until just before boiling, remove. Do not scald. Add 3 tablespoons sugar and a ½ teaspoon vanilla. Stir until dissolved and mix with cold milk and gelatin mixture. Stir until well mixed and allow to cool.
- Evenly pour white gelatin over blue layers. Place back into the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or until it starts to set.
- Next, prepare red cherry JELL-O by emptying contents into a small bowl. Stir for 2 minute with 1 cup boiling water. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. When white layer has set, equally divide red JELL-O over white layer. Return to refrigerator to set for 3-4 hours.
- Do not garnish until ready to serve, especially if it is a hot day, the whipped cream will melt fast! (Just take a look at the wilting cream in these photos and that was only 10 minutes!) Give each cup a dollop of whipped cream, a wedge of strawberry and a blueberry.
Enjoy your Red, White, and Blue JELL-O Cups!
Having an adults only party?? Make your Red, White and Blue JELL-O Cups vodka laced. To modify, soak fruit in vodka in an airtight container for 12 hours, drain. For red and blue JELL-O layers, use only 1/2 cup boiling water to mix gelatin. Allow to cool slightly before stirring in 1/4 cup vodka. You can also purchase alcoholic whipped cream if you so choose.