Oreo Cookie Flower Cupcakes are festive cupcakes that are fun to make with the kids and use America’s favorite cookie, Oreo!
Oreo Cookie Flower Cupcakes are easy to decorate cupcakes perfect for spring or summer and totally kid friendly!
It is not a secret, I am a terrible cake decorator, so I have to find ways to make impressive cupcakes without needing much skill. Which also translates to projects that are great for children because I don’t decorate any better than a 3-year-old.
I made Flower Cupcakes for my staff and neighbors and both were scared to eat them because they were so beautiful, which in my book means this decorating technique is a winner!
Use any type of Oreo you please, I used birthday cake because I liked the funfetti speckled center and spring yellow. You can alternate the centers to create both black and white.
Red velvet would also be a fun choice! Use any cupcake recipe you desire, you can even crush up a few Oreo cookies and add them to the cake batter.
Plate with fresh flowers to create a garden appearance. Carnations and hibiscus are edible and safe choices. This is a great Mother’s Day brunch or Easter centerpiece, too.
You can also get candy butterflies from a craft or cake decorating store to further embellish. More decoration is the key to covering up your cupcake decorating inadequacy.
Here are some other easy cupcake recipes:
- 24 cupcakes baked, your choice of flavor
- base frosting your choice of flavor
- 12 in Oreo cookies twistedhalf
- 2-3 colors of tubed frosting
- Green tubed frosting
- Star and petal tips
- Cut off the tops to make a level surface.
- Frost with your choice of frosting to make a base.
- Place a halved Oreo in the center of each.
- Using pre-made frosting and the star and leaf tip, create two layers of "petals" and a few leaves on each cupcake.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!