I’ve been on a serious no-bake cookie kick this month, coming up with all sorts of magical creations. Okay, maybe not really that magical, just bits and bobs from around the kitchen that need to get used up.
But the fact that they take so little time, that is pure magic.
One of my more creative no bake cookies, these No Bake S’mores Cookies are so addictive. They taste exactly like my favorite s’mores recipe!
One of those things I just have too many of are these mini dehydrated marshmallows. I accidentally ordered the “restaurant size” bag from Amazon to make Hot Chocolate Stir Sticks and have been trying to find recipes to use them in ever since.
It has actually been really fun trying to find new and different ways to use them. One thing is for sure, anything s’mores related works perfectly.
I am going to assume that most of you grew up with a childhood that included s’mores, but if for some reason you escaped them, here is a breakdown.
S’mores are basically a summer camp, backyard cookout, campfire requirement. Traditionally, a s’more is a sandwich consisting of graham cracker “bread,” a few pieces of Hershey’s milk chocolate, and a perfectly roasted (or burnt depending on who you talk to) marshmallow.
The biggest issue here is that these delectable little bites are often seasonal. Most people aren’t firing up the campfires year-round. That’s where my little creation comes into play.
My No Bake S’mores Cookie recipe is unique in the elements that it is using to get the same familiar flavor of the s’mores we know and love. (There is a little something extra in there.) Most importantly, there is no need to break out the firewood or the matches.
So I used the same chocolate-peanut butter base as my No Bake Oatmeal Cookies, but used Golden Grahams cereal instead, you know, for the graham crackers part. They are not as crumbly as the cracker but have all of the crunch that you want.
I also had some graham cracker crumbs lying around from my Instant Pot Peanut Butter Cheesecake, so I gently dipped the bottoms of each cookie in those. And then I threw those cute and crunchy marshmallows right on top.
Easy and delicious, I can attest. I came darn close to eating the whole batch by myself. No Bake S’mores Cookies for the win!
The best thing about these S’mores Cookies? They’re the ultimate year-round cookie! These are a quick and easy no bake cookie to make for holiday gatherings and cookie platters but s’mores just scream summer too.
More easy no bake desserts:
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
No-Bake S’mores Cookies
- In a large, heavy bottom saucepan, melt butter.
- Add whole milk, light brown sugar and cocoa powder, bring to a low boil. Allow to boil for one minute before removing from heat and stirring in peanut butter, vanilla and fine sea salt.
- Place Golden Grahams in a large mixing bowl and pour chocolate mixture over the top, gently tossing until combined.
- Spoon onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, topping each with several mini dehydrated marshmallows.
- When cookies are cool to the touch, but still tacky, gently dip the bottoms in graham cracker crumbs.
- Allow to cool fully or even refrigerate, before eating.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!