This Limoncello Shrimp Crostini is a delicious sweet and savory appetizer! This shrimp appetizer has amazing hints of lemon, seafood, and caramelized garlic, all mixed together to create something phenomenal!
Limoncello Shrimp Crostini is made up of agrodolce sauce with shrimp, caramelized garlic and parsley spooned over crusty French bread! Ready in 20 minutes!
I recently made a large batch of homemade Limoncello. When I say large… I’m talking two large jugs of limoncello. While there is no such thing as “too much limoncello,” I felt like I needed to figure out how to use it in unconventional methods, like using it in a savory dish like Limoncello Shrimp Crostini.
Limoncello Shrimp Crostini ins’t just liquor and seafood over bread. Instead, sugar from homemade simple syrup, blended into lemon infused vodka, reduces down to a beautiful pale yellow agrodolce.
What is a agrodole? Agrodole is an Italian sauce that is made up of sweet and sour elements. The name comes from “agro” which means sour, and “dolce” which means sweet. It is traditionally made using vinegar and sugar, and boiling it down until it reduces.
I added thick slices of garlic, which caramelize and add flavor and texture. The last piece of Limoncello Shrimp Crostini are succulent shrimp and freshly snipped parsley. Spooned over day-old crusty bread and you have an appetizer worthy of gracing any table at a 5-star restaurant.
For my Limoncello Shrimp Crostini, I use a medium sized shrimp because I like having a piece of shrimp in each bite, but feel free to use a large, jumbo or colossal shrimp.
It is a little too sweet to serve over pasta and serve for a main course. Leave out the garlic, parsley and shrimp and drizzle over vanilla bean ice cream for dessert.
This is just one of the many recipes that use limoncello! Apart from using it in a drink, you can incorporate it into multiple recipes. Cakes, cupcakes, cookies, trifles, tiramisu, pies, tarts, ice cream, macarons, cheesecake, biscotti, even in popsicles!
The possibilities are literally endless with limoncello, so get creative and make something!
If you loved this crostini recipe, check out these easy shrimp recipes:
If you are looking for even more fabulous appetizers, snag a copy of my Easy Appetizers Beyond Dips Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, one of these fun and festive appetizers sure to be the hit of any gathering!
- 1 slices loaf French bread cut into 1-inch and toasted
- 1 pound medium shrimp de-veined and peeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups limoncello
- 2 tablespoons parsley roughly chopped
- Fine sea salt and finely ground black pepper for seasoning
- In a large skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add limoncello, prepare for steam and sizzle, and allow to simmer and reduce for 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, turning until pink and curly.
- When sauce is sticky and reduced to a syrup consistency, stir in parsley and season with fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon over crusty French bread and enjoy your Limoncello Shrimp Crostini!