Looking for an easy, but masterly flavorful vegetarian appetizer that will satisfy even the meatiest of meat eaters? Try my Horseradish Cheddar Mushroom Flatbread!
Horseradish Cheddar Mushroom Flatbread combines a mushroom blend, fresh radishes, pickled red onion, tangy horseradish cheddar cheese, Italian parsley and Maldon sea salt. Delicious!
Horseradish Cheddar Mushroom Flatbread came about after hubby brought home a delicious horseradish cheddar cheese. We ate it on crackers, but all the while I was thinking about what types of recipes I could incorporate it in. The horseradish flavor was pretty intense, not leaving many options for dishes.
I love horseradish with mushrooms and I had flatbreads in the freezer. I bought a mixture of fresh oyster and porcini mushrooms, fresh radishes and red onion (which I pickled).
Parsley and crunchy Maldon sea salt balance the flavor profile. This dish is a perfect for vegetarians, but the mushrooms are hearty enough that meat-eaters will still be satisfied.
Horseradish Cheddar Mushroom Flatbread can be served as an entree for lunch or dinner or as an appetizer or snack for game day. It is also great for parties! Prepare and top your flatbreads ahead of time and them pop in the oven when you are ready to eat.
You can make them on any size of flatbread you’d like. Small and circular for individual portions or large and rectangular cut into hand-handling pieces. Your choice!
A quick pro tip is to spritz them with water or baste with olive oil or butter before topping. This reactivates ingredients in the bread, making it soft and chewy, leaving no sign that they were ever frozen.
If you love mushrooms like we do, check these out!
Horseradish and Mushroom Flatbread
- 2 tablespoon red onion sliced
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 rectangular Stonefire Authentic Flatbreads
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup horseradish cheddar shredded
- 1 cup oyster and porcini mushrooms coarsely chopped
- 2 radishes cleaned and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley leaves
- Maldon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan, bring apple cider vinegar and water to a low simmer. Add red onion and boil for 3-4 minutes, or until soft. Drain.
- Place flatbreads on a baking sheet and baste will virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with shredded horseradish cheddar, followed by pickled red onion and coarsely chopped mushrooms.
- bake fro 12-14 minutes, or until cheesy is bubbly.
- Remove and top with radish slices, parsley and Maldon sea salt. Cut and serve.
- If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!