Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars are sponsored by Dixie Crystals in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
This recipe is the perfect Halloween snack to serve at a party or get together. Everyone will fall in love with how festive and fun these Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars are! They are sure to be a hit every time!
Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars are thick and chewy, frosted with a classic buttercream and topped with festive sprinkles. Perfect for the whole family!
Can you believe Halloween is around the corner? I feel like it was just New Year’s and here I am baking up Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.
Even though I don’t dress up, I love to watch giddy little kids go door-to-door and see their creative outfits.
My perfect Halloween has always been fun and creative as opposed to ghoulish gore and my desserts are no exception. Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars are the perfect sweet treat to bring to any dress-up party, office function or costume parade.
So easy to make, the kids can even jump in to help! What better ingredients to use for quality baking time than Dixie Crystals, a trusted Southern brand since 1917!
Dixie Crystals aims to get families spending time together in the kitchen creating memories. In addition to making Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars, also check out their recipe library with 1,000+ recipes and Kids in the Kitchen, filled with all sorts of family-friendly activities.
There is even a chance to win a KitchenAid mixer just for completing a word scramble!
Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars are sure to become a new tradition as a treat the whole family enjoys. From start to finish, they only take about an hour, that is all!
Let the kids decorate using piped frosting or spooky sprinkles. Cut sugar cookie bars into squares and make decorating into a fun holiday party activity!
If you enjoyed this Halloween snack for a party, check out these other easy Halloween recipes:
- Halloween Bark
- Halloween Rice Krispie Treat Cake
- Easy Halloween Cake
- Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats
- Cake Cone Witch Hats
If you are looking for even more dessert recipes, snag a copy of my Easy Dessert Recipes Mini-Cookbook. Available here for only $0.99, these easy dessert recipes are ready with less than 30 minutes hands-on time and are sure to please all your family friends. From no-bake to make-ahead, you are sure to find something you love!
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract*
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Purple Food Coloring
- Festive Sprinkles or Other Spooky Decorations
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray or use a shallow disposable aluminum pan coated with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter for cookie dough until fluffy and light. Cream in Dixie Crystals sugar, combining fully. Lastly, add egg, vanilla and water until fully mixed, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Sift together dry ingredients for cookie dough and slowly add to bowl. Mixture should pull away from bowl walls and not be terribly sticky. If it is, add an additional 1 tablespoon of water or flour, accordingly.
- Press cookie dough into prepared baking pans. Bake for 2-25 minutes or until edges are a light brown. Allow to cool before frosting.
- To prepare frosting, beat butter until light and fluffy and then add remaining ingredients. Add more milk or Dixie Crystals powdered sugar until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Frost and decorate as desired!
Looking for even more ideas using Dixie Crystals? Check out these fabulous Halloween treats from the other Sunday Supper crew and make sure to follow Dixie Crystals on Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram!
Bewitching Breakfast Treatssugar cookie
Fang-tastic Candy Treats
- Creepy Pumpkin Seed Brittle by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Halloween Fudge by The Dinner-Mom
- Soft and Chewy Apple Cider Caramels by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
Boo-tiful Cakes and Pies
- Cheesecake Mummies by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake by Crazed Mom
- Gluten Free Spooky Chocolate Cupcakes by Fearless Dining
- Graveyard Cupcakes by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Halloween Cupcakes by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Halloween Whoopie Pies by The Chef Next Door
- Mini Jack-O-Lantern Cakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Mummy Apple Hand Pies by Eazy Peazy Mealz
- Pumpkin Chocolate Ganache Cake by Taste And See
- Pumpkin Cupcakes by Flour On My Face
- Gingerbread Zombies by Family Foodie
- Halloween Spider Cookies by Moore or Less Cooking
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars by Savory Experiments
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Witch Hat Cookies by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
Other Bone-chilling Goodies
- Bloody Crème Brûlée by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Haunted Halloween Ghosts by Shockingly Delicious
- Individual Candy Corn Fruit Salad Dessert by Hot Eats Cool Reads
- Monster Munch Popcorn Snack Mix by A Dish of Daily Life
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cobbler by The Gold Lining Girl
- Vampire Collins Cocktail by kimchi MOM
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.