This post is sponsored by Lee Kum Kee, however 100% of thoughts and opinions are my own.
This Chinese Orange Chicken recipe will fulfill all of your Chinese food cravings. Super easy in only 20 minutes and less than 10 ingredients and you will be digging into your better-than-takeout orange chicken! The ideal dinner solution for busy school nights.
This Orange Chicken Recipe is amped up with bell pepper, baby corn and carrots in a delicious savory orange sauce over rice. Garnish with scallions, sesame seeds and orange zest for the best homemade Chinese food.
When I think of delicious Chinese food, my mind goes straight to a hot plate of orange chicken. There is nothing like it. And I’ve never been able to create the sauce well at home, so I buy it.
And my sauce of choice is Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand™ Ready Sauce for Orange Chicken! You can prepare a delicious Orange Chicken dish in minutes just by mixing your own fresh ingredients with this pre-made sauce.
Lee Kum Kee Panda Brand™ Ready Sauce for Orange Chicken is stocked in my pantry for easy weeknight meals and dinner on the run. Whether it is a busy school night or I just want to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with my family, this sauce makes it easy to whip up a tasty meal in minutes.
For my Orange Chicken recipe, I like to use chicken thigh fillets, although breasts are perfectly acceptable. The dark meat on thighs stay tender and juicy when cut smaller and fried whereas other cuts might dry out fast.
As I was making this Easy Orange Chicken (and stealing bites from the serving dish) my mind started to dream about the other awesome recipes I could make with it other than traditional Orange Chicken.
What about Orange Chicken Egg Rolls? An Orange Chicken Pizza? With onions and broccoli florets? Why not grill drumsticks and baste them with this delicious Orange Sauce?
And the list doesn’t even stop at chicken! Shrimp, scallops and even beef all come to mind. The possibilities are endless and now I’m thinking up even more creative ways to use my favorite Chinese sauce.
For today, I’ll be serving it up traditionally. I guess my other daydream creations will have to wait for another weeknight in need of a quick dinner.
Why choose Lee Kum Kee? They are a great-tasting brand and leading maker of 200+ authentic Asian sauces and condiments for over 100 years. Why recreate the wheel?
Lee Kum Kee makes it easy to enjoy authentic, restaurant-quality Asian flavors in the comfort of your own home. You probably already have some of their sauces in your pantry and they can easily take your ho-hum recipes to a new level regardless of whether they are Asian inspired or not.
You can feel good serving Panda Brand™ Sauce to your family because it is free of high fructose corn syrup, MSG and preservatives. They only use premium, non-GMO ingredients and also have several gluten-free options.
In celebration of Lee Kum Kee’s 130th anniversary, the brand is hosting a recipe contest for a chance to win a cash prize. Click HERE for more details and to learn more about the contest.
CONNECT WITH SAVORY EXPERIMENTS!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
Pinterest | Instagram
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Easy Orange Chicken
- 1 package Panda Brand™ Sauce for Orange Chicken
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs , cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup bell peppers , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup baby corn , cut into fourths
- 4 cups cooked rice
- scallions , for garnish
- orange slices , for garnish
- sesame seeds , for garnish
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cut chicken thighs with flour. Toss to coat.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, shaking off excess flour. Discard remaining flour.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until pieces are starting to brown.
- Add bell peppers, onion and baby corn. Continue to cook for 3 minutes, or until vegetables start to soften, but are still crisp.
- Add Panda Brand™ Sauce for Orange Chicken, tossing to coat all ingredients.
- Serve over cooked rice. Top with scallions, orange slices and sesame seeds.
- If you’ve tried this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how you liked it!