Salads are great for lunches or weeknight meals since they’re so easy to throw together! This Crispy Chipotle Salmon Salad will leave you feeling satisfied and energized from all the salmon, spinach, avocados, tomatoes, onions, and carrots!
Crispy Chipotle Salmon Salad is a simple and healthy salad filled with a fun texture and spicy chipotle peppers. Top with Cilantro Lime Dressing.
Salads are best when they provide a variety of taste, texture and color. Crispy Chipotle Salmon Salad provides all of the above. Panko breading for texture, tastes from salmon, avocado and of course spicy chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and of course tons of pretty colors!
Recently I have been obsessed with a chipotle pepper, lime and cilantro mix. I used leftover chipotle peppers from Chipotle-Lime Buttered Prawns for the salmon but wanted something a little extra.
My solution? Using panko for a crunch on the salmon and a sweet and tangy dressing to balance out the smoky spice, a trick I use in my Sheet Pan Crispy Salmon recipe. Cilantro Lime Dressing brightens all of the flavors and amy additional dressing can be used as a marinade for chicken, fish or pork or drizzled on grilled vegetables.
The best part of this recipe is the health benefits you’ll be getting from everything! Salmon gives you protein, vitamin B, omega 3 fatty acids, and potassium, just to name a few things. Spinach is low in cholesterol and fat, and full of good things for your body!
Avocados are full of nutrition, potassium, and fiber. Tomatoes are great for antioxidants and packed full of vitamins. Carrots are also a great source for antioxidants and high in vitamin A. Onions are good for iron, folate, and potassium as well as great for anti inflammatory reasons.
To sum it up, this salad is full of healthy and nutritious things for you to eat and enjoy all together! Make sure you check out my 7 tips for more interesting salads for some great ideas before you start chopping!
If you liked this baked salmon recipe, check out these other easy salmon recipes:
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chipotle peppers in adobe sauce coarsely chopped
- 4 6- ounce salmon fillets
- 8 cups fresh spinach or preferred lettuce
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 baby carrots thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat baking dish with cooking spray and lay fillets, skin side down in dish.
- Spread chipotle peppers evenly over all four salmon fillets. Top with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, prepare the salad; lettuce, carrots, tomatoes and sweet onion.
- Divide salmon evenly over four salads. Drizzle Cilantro Lime Dressing over top. Enjoy your Crispy Chipotle Salmon Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let us know how it was!