Mmmm…. cheesy, creamy, decadent. That’s exactly what this delicious Mexican Corn Dip is! This easy appetizer is sweet, slightly spicy and totally creamy! Prepared to be addicted!
Mexican Corn Dip is a decadent and festively colorful easy appetizer recipe! The perfect mix of corn, spices, bell peppers, jalapeños, and onion, will bring a fiesta to your table!
I rationalize that this dip is more nutritious than the average dip because it contains so many veggies. I made this for an impromptu football gathering at my home based on a cheese and corn dip I had eaten a few months back.
It was the first time I had ever seen corn in a dip. Bread, yes. Mashed potatoes, yes. Salads, yes, Dip, no.
I added veggies, expanded the cheese combination and intensified the creaminess factor. The entire batch was demolished within 30 minutes by 5 men. Needless to say it received wonderful reviews.
Since this was last minute I served it with bagged tortilla chips rather than making my own and that was seriously the only mistake.
Making your own homemade tortilla chips will probably make this recipe taste even better! This Mexican corn dip is so appetizing with the creamy cheese, crunchy vegetables, and a little kick from the jalapeños.
Trust me, it’ll be a winning appetizer every time. Perfect for a party or the big game!
If you love dip recipes as much as I do then you’ll know how great and easy they are to make for a get together.
What could be better than minimal prepping and throwing everything in a baking dish and popping it in the oven to bake? Not very many things!
More dip recipes:
Tools for making Mexican Corn Dip:
Small Casserole Dish – Also known as a Gratin dish and perfect for these types of dips, shallow and wide!
Get our FREE 8 Day E-Course on How to Be a Better Home Cook. Sign up HERE!
Mexican Corn Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter , divided
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels , or 2 fresh ears of corn
- 1/2 cup yellow onion , chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper , chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper , chopped
- 1 jalapeno , seeded and minced
- 4 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons half & half
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese , grated
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese , grated
- Tortilla chips
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8×8 baking dish, similar sized rectangular dish or deep 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet. Add corn. Fry until corn starts to pop (pop corn!) and is lightly browned. The natural sugars will melt resulting in a sticky texture.
- Pour corn mixture into a medium mixing bowl. Add remaining tablespoon of butter to the same frying pan and melt.
- Add onion through jalapeno. Saute until onions turn opaque and bell peppers are soft. Combine to mixing bowl with corn.
- Add all remaining ingredients, including garlic, mayonnaise, monterey jack cheese, cayenne, white pepper, salt and half & half to the mixing bowl, mixing well. Spread into baking dish. Top with sharp cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese topping is melted and bubbly. Any longer and the cheese and mayonnaise will start to separate.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving with tortilla chips. Careful… dip will be piping hot! Enjoy!
- If you’ve made this recipe, make sure to come back and let us know how it went!