If you’ve been wanting to make some puff pastry dessert recipes, then this recipe for Danish Pastry is for you. Make this brie in puff pastry dessert today! Trust me, you’ll be thanking me once you’ve had the first bite!
Danish Pastry make an amazing dessert that is not too heavy, only uses 4 ingredients, and is super easy to put together!
Everyone will love this delectable brie in puff pastry dessert that brings together multiple delicious flavors: buttery pastry, creamy brie cheese and fresh fruit.
Danish pastries and cheese Danishes are generally made with fruit jams and jellies and cream cheese bases. But I like the crispness and flavor of fresh fruit and the richness of brie, so I flipped the script.
My Danish pastries are pretty little pinwheels dotted with giant, lush blackberries and raspberries! I love how simple puff pastry dessert recipes are!
After your pastry sheets are defrosted, you can make a quick and delicious dessert. The best part is that most of the hard work is already done for you. Yep, I’m lazy.
I know making puff pastry is super easy, but it is sooo much easier to buy it. That and pie crust. I loathe making pie crust too.
The puff pastry itself and blackberries pack a lot of flavor and texture, but are not very sacchariferous. The solution?
Add a little sprinkle of turbinado sugar or powdered sugar. Adding either adds dimension and just the right amount of sweetness without being overpowering. The brie gives you a bit of cream to compliment the complex textures.
Puff pastry is a deliciously light and flaky pastry and is one of my favorite things to work with, because the possibilities are literally endless.
You can use it for chicken pot pie, beef wellington, hand pies, cinnamon rolls, croissants, apple pie, turnovers, and breadsticks, just to name a few.
Danish Pastry can be made year long. When fresh berries are out of season, feel free to use frozen. Also they’re best eaten warm but are still delicious at room temperature. You can also use whatever fruit is in season.
If you liked this Cheese Danish recipe, be sure to check out these other easy dessert recipes:
Tools for making Danish Pastry:
Rolling Mat – A necessity for any baker! It makes rolling, cutting and clean-up and snap.
Insulated Cookie Sheet– Insulated cookie sheets allow hot air to circulate around the entire cookie, resulting in even baking.
Danish Pastry make a great dessert that is not heavy but is also easy and quick to put together. Everyone will love this brie in puff pastry!
- 2 sheets of puff pastry , defrosted
- 4 ounces brie , cut into 16 small squares
- 8 large blackberries , cut in half
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar or powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 8 equal squares. Cut diagonally on each corner to just about the middle, but still allowing them to be attached. Fold over each corner to and press into the middle. Remember you are working with puff pastry, so even if it does not look at all nice and pretty now, it will after it bakes and puffs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until very lightly browned. As soon as you remove from the oven, dot the centers with a small square of brie and then a blackberry. It is important to do this while pinwheels are warm so the brie melts enough to stick to the pastry and the blackberry to the brie.
Finish by sprinkling turbinado or powdered sugar over top. Serve while warm or at room temperature.
If you've tried this recipe, come back and let me know how it was!