This Bacon Cheddar Flatbread Pizza will take your pizza night to the next level. With crispy, salty bacon and gooey, melty cheese, it doesn’t get much better!
What are your favorite pizza toppings? Pizza is one of my favorite foods, so I could sit here all day and talk about pizza toppings!
I could always go for the traditional pepperoni and cheese with tomato sauce. Those toppings are a winning combination every time. However, I also like to experiment with other toppings.
That’s the great thing about pizza, (especially when you make it at home!) You can come up with your own unique combination of ingredients to satisfy your needs.
Tomato sauce is obviously the traditional base, but you could also make a white pizza with an alfredo sauce base. You could even go as simple as using olive oil and herbs!
Bacon and Cheddar Pizza
When I think of two foods that belong together, bacon and cheese are high on my list; more specifically bacon and cheddar. There’s just something about the marriage of the crispy bacon and the creamy cheese that makes my taste buds happy.
This Bacon Cheddar Flatbread Pizza combines those two ingredients into one delicious pizza! It would be the perfect dish for breakfast, brunch or dinner!
One of the best parts about this pizza is how easy it is! With only 6 ingredients and a quick 10 minute bake, you can have it ready in no time. It really is so simple, while still packing a big flavor punch.
Bacon Cheddar Flatbread Ingredients
- Butter – The butter helps everything to stick to the flatbread. It also seals in the crust and prevents it from getting soggy.
- Flatbread pizza crust – If you can’t find the pre made crust, you can also use pizza dough instead. Just make sure to bake it before adding any of the toppings.
- Cheddar cheese – I always prefer to shred my own cheese for recipes like this. The pre-shredded version has an additive that prevents it from melting nicely.
- Garlic powder – There isn’t much to the seasoning of these cheesy bacon flatbreads, but garlic powder is the perfect way to make sure even the pickiest eater will like this flatbread recipe.
- Bacon – I like my bacon to be crispy, but you can cook it to your liking. A low sodium bacon works best here as the cheese already has it’s own amount of sodium.
- Scallions – Also known as green onions, this is my favorite way to add some color, texture and flavor to this bacon pizza. The sweet onion flavor is the perfect complement.
How to Make Bacon Cheddar Flatbread
- Prepare oven. Preheat oven or heat grill to medium-high heat. If using a pizza stone, heat in oven as well.
- Baste crust with butter. Baste flatbread pizza crust with melted butter. This seals the crust, preventing it from getting soggy.
- Add toppings. Evenly top with cheddar cheese, garlic powder and bacon.
- Bake. Bake until cheese is melted.
- Slice. Remove, slice and garnish with chopped scallions.
- Grilled pizza – You can place your pre-made flatbread pizza crust directly on the grates or on a pizza stone. Close the lid and grill for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Toppings – Want to take this bacon cheddar flatbread up a notch? Add some fun toppings. Caramelized onion, red onion, black pepper, bell peppers and ranch dressing would all be great options.
- Cheese – I feel like sharp cheddar cheese pairs best with the bacon, but mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, goat cheese or pepper jack cheese would all be great alternatives.
- Protein – Turn it into a chicken bacon ranch flatbread by adding some sliced grilled chicken. You could also add crumbled sausage, ground beef or turkey bacon instead.
Storage, Reheating and Freezing
Storage: Just like regular pizza, these flatbreads taste best when eaten fresh. However, if you do have leftovers you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You could also wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
Reheating: Reheat these flat breads in the oven or toaster oven until just warmed through. You can even add a thin layer of cheese on top to freshen it up a little bit.
Freezing: We’ve all had a frozen pizza, and good news is that this flatbread freezes well too. Just Make sure to wrap tightly and freeze in an airtight container.
More Flatbread Recipes
- Horseradish Cheddar and Mushroom Flatbread
- Tomato and Pesto Pizza
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Pizza
- Mushroom Horseradish Flatbread
Bacon Cheddar Flatbread Pizza
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees or heat grill to medium-high heat. If using a pizza stone, heat in oven as well.
- Baste flatbread pizza crust with melted butter. This seals the crust, preventing it from getting soggy.
- Evenly top with cheddar cheese, garlic powder and bacon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or grill for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove, slice and garnish with chopped scallions.
- If you’ve made this recipe and enjoyed it, please come back to leave a comment and rating!