Looking for a simple, delicious air fryer chicken drumsticks recipe? These easy air fryer drumsticks are a fantastic weeknight dinner when you don’t have much time to cook. With just a few minutes of prep, this delicious chicken recipe will quickly become a family favorite.
Wondering what to make for dinner tonight? This simple, delicious air fryer drumsticks recipe is a fantastic option. With less than 10 minutes of prep, this chicken recipe is easy to make and goes with just about everything.
Chicken legs are a great economical option, as the price per pound is much less than chicken breast and thighs. With a simple seasoning, this recipe is kid-friendly and easy enough to make on a busy weeknight after a long day.
What's In This Article
Here’s a quick-reference check list of the ingredients you’ll need for this recipe:
- Chicken legs – this recipe works great with a single package of chicken legs (5-6 legs).
- Olive oil – you can also use avocado oil. The oil helps ensure the chicken skin doesn’t over-brown and stick to the air fryer basket.
Air fryer drumsticks seasoning:
- Paprika – you could also use smoked paprika for a slightly smoky, barbecue flavor.
- Onion powder – Onion powder brings that onion flavor without having to actually slice up and cook an onion.
- Garlic salt – the flavor of garlic salt is very complimentary; however, you could also substitute regular table salt.
- Cumin – I like to add a little extra flavor to my drumsticks, and cumin has a full bodied flavor that pairs well with the rest of the flavors.
- Ground pepper – I like to use freshly ground black pepper for these wings. You could also use white pepper for a milder flavor.
How to Make Air Fryer Drumsticks
- Dry wings. Start by removing the chicken legs from the packaging and patting them dry with paper towels. This will help the seasoning stick to the surface of the chicken. Place the chicken legs in a bowl or shallow baking dish.
- Make seasoning. Next, combine the air fryer drumsticks seasoning. In a small bowl, add in the paprika, onion powder, garlic salt, cumin and pepper. Stir together with a spoon.
- Coat wings in olive oil. To the chicken legs, lightly coat with the olive oil. Using your hands, cover all sides with oil to make sure the skin is evenly coated. The oil will help prevent the chicken skin from sticking to the air fryer.
- Coat wings in seasoning. Coat the chicken drumsticks with the prepared seasoning. Sprinkle the seasoning evenly on all sides.
- Cook. Add to the air fryer and cook, turning the chicken drumsticks halfway through cooking time to ensure even cooking.
Storage and Freezing
Storage: When stored in an airtight container, cooked chicken drumsticks will last for up to five days refrigerated.
Freezing: You can also store these air fryer drumsticks in the freezer in an airtight container. They will last for up to three months.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Extra Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Pork Belly
Air Fryer Drumsticks
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Place the chicken legs in a bowl or shallow baking dish. Pat dry with paper towels. Coat the chicken with olive oil. Use your hands to make sure oil coats all sides of the chicken. Set chicken aside.
- In a small bowl, add the paprika, onion powder, garlic salt, cumin and pepper. Stir together with a spoon.
- Sprinkle all sides of the chicken legs with the seasoning.
- Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees. (Check the owner’s manual of your air fryer to verify preheat times. 3-5 minutes for preheating is standard.)
- Place the chicken legs into the basket of the air fryer, providing adequate space between each piece of chicken. (Do your best to not overcrowd or stack chicken legs.) Cook at 380 for 20 minutes, stopping to turn the legs over halfway through. To test for doneness, use a digital meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
I have drumsticks in the freezer waiting for me to make these tonight! Perfect!
I love using air fryer. My kids would love it. Making it soon.
Loving the flavors on these air fryer drumsticks. They look and sound fabulous.
I love my air fryer and this recipe is another reason why! I can’t wait to make these!
This air fryer version of drumsticks looks amazingly delicious. Thanks alot for sharing