Another family favorite, origins from Colorado and made by both my mother and aunt. This recipe is super cheesy, super good and super for feeding large numbers at breakfast. My mother has told me the original recipe was from a Denver Junior League Cookbook, however I am sure that edition is now long gone!
Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
2. Open and drain each can of chiles. Stuff each chili with finger sized pieces of monetary jack cheese and arrange in the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Sprinkle 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar colby jack over chili’s.
4. In a separate medium sized bowl combine eggs through mustard and whisk until most of the clumps are gone (some may remain).
5. Pour egg mixture over chiles.
6. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Add remaining cheese to the top of the casserole and return to 350 degree oven for an additional 5 minutes or until firm.
7. Remove and allow to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Note: To make ahead of time, complete the chiles and cheese portion, refrigerate. In a separate bowl combine the eggs through mustard and refrigerate. In the morning, re-whisk the egg mixture and our over chiles, cook as directed.
** My husband swears this tastes better the next day, so refrigerate and eat any left overs**
Need another breakfast idea? Try Easy Pull Apart Coffee Cake!